For many years I've celebrated the changing of seasons. I've honored the directions and the elements and given thanks for the many blessings nature gives us. And in each ceremony, even before I knew Jesus, I could feel the presence of him with me. God has been by my side all along. And so I want to be able to thank nature for helping me see God. Or maybe I should say thank God for helping me see him in nature. So I wrote this simple ceremony, blending my old traditions with my newfound love and relationship with God.
Casting a circle of love and light with Jesus:
1. "Thank you Jesus for the direction of East. The place of the rising sun. A place of new beginnings. And for it's element Air. Like the Wind we can feel your presence always with us even when we cannot see you."
2. "Thank you Jesus for the direction of the South. The place of everlasting light. Like the Holy Spirit you shine your light through us. By the element of fire you warm our hearts and guide us through the darkness."
3. "Thank you Jesus for the direction of the West. The place of our first and second birth. Through the element of water we are born and reborn in baptism washing away our sins and coming forth as a child of Christ."
4. "Thank you Jesus for the direction of the North. For the fertile land that provides us with all we need. The element of Earth is one of your greatest gifts to us after salvation. It is out home until we meet you in the Kingdom of Heaven."
5. Once the circle is cast, it's time for the honoring of the season and/or the sermon. Here you can reflect on the meaning of the season and how it connects with the bible. For example, Spring is a time for new beginnings and second chances. We can connect this to the Bible by remembering the resurrection of Christ and his forgiveness of our sins so that we may be given a second chance in our life to connect with God and enter his kingdom of heaven.
6. Next spend time in prayer or if you like to sing then sing. You could also hold a drumming circle. Or if words escape you, make something to honor him and give thanks for the blessings of nature.
7. Now take time to pray for others. Or if you are with a group take a moment to go around the circle one by one and allow each person to ask for a prayer that is either for themselves or someone they know who needs it.
Closing your circle of prayer:
8. "We thank you Jesus for connecting us with the direction of North and the element of Earth. May you always guide us on this Earthly plane."
9. "We thank you Jesus for connecting us with the direction of West and the element of Water. May we continue to try to strive for an honorable life now that you've washed away our sins."
10. "We thank you Jesus for the direction of East and the element Air. May we stay strong knowing you always with us."
As a trauma survivor I have learned to move forward in my life and heal from my past by exploring many passions such as spirituality, art, travel & herbalism. I hope my blog can help inspire healing in others and let them know they are not alone on their journey.